Our State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Snellville
If you’re looking for a way to prepare your child for school in Snellville, GA, Discovery Point Zoar Rd can help. Our pre-kindergarten program is funded by the Georgia lottery and assists with the transition from preschool to kindergarten, providing young learners with the chance to confidently grow. We offer exciting opportunities for children between the ages of 4 and 5 years old to engage with the learning process, placing them on a positive trajectory for academic success.
About Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
We want our students to have the chance to succeed in all aspects of school and life. That’s why we focus on a variety learning and growth areas as part of our pre-kindergarten program. By helping children connect with the power of learning early on in their lives, we enable them to take the steps they need to thrive in an academic environment.
The following are just a few of the exciting things parents of young learners can expect from our pre-kindergarten program:
- Thematic units for project-based learning
- Teaching of self-help skills to encourage safety and independence
- Exciting language and literacy development opportunities
- Use of music, storytelling, puppets, and dramatic play as learning tools
- Work in small groups and as a whole class to promote teamwork
- Support with building self-esteem and emotional development
- Use of physical skills, including fine motor skills, through movement to music and outdoor play
- Cognitive development in a range of academic subjects
- Activities focused on problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Low student-teacher ratios
- Emphasis on developing math and literacy skills
Inspiring Pre-K Learners in Snellville
Trained in Early Childhood Education, our pre-k teachers understand the importance of balancing guidance and individualized support with student-driven initiation of learning. Thanks to our knowledge of developmental stages and emphasis on one-on-one attention, we know what it takes to help students grow as individuals so they can approach the learning process with confidence.
In addition, our facility has been specifically built as a learning-focused environment that fosters independence and confidence in children. Here, your child will have the opportunity to make new discoveries, build skills, and form relationships while making headway on his or her academic development.
Are you ready to learn more about enrolling your child in our state-funded pre-kindergarten program? Call Discovery Point Zoar Rd today at (770) 985-9555 to set up a free tour of our child care and pre-k center in Snellville.