State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Program in Duluth
Are you looking for a way to prepare your child in Duluth for school? At Discovery Point Howell Ferry, we offer an opportunity for children between the ages of 4 and 5 to engage with the education process and become confident learners. Our pre-kindergarten program is funded by the Georgia Lottery and enables young learners to take the initiative in their education early on so they can embark on a journey toward success in their future academic pursuits.
What to Expect From Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
We’ve made a point of working with pre-kindergarten curriculum that focuses on multiple areas of growth and development and allows students to become well-rounded in every area of school and life. In addition, we stress the importance of comprehensive learning that integrates fun with skill development, giving children the opportunity to thrive in a nurturing and educational environment.
Here are just a few of the things that parents of young learners can look forward to as part of our pre-kindergarten program:
- Cognitive development in a wide range of academic areas
- Sharpening of fine motor skills through movement to music and outdoor play
- Support with emotional development and building self-esteem and confidence
- Social development through group activities and interactive play
- A focus on language and literacy, including fun storytelling exercises
- Promotion of self-help skills that encourage safety and independence
- Curriculum broken down into thematic units and exciting projects
- A safe and secure facility where children feel right at home
Objectives of Our Pre-Kindergarten Program
The main objective of our pre-kindergarten program is to make the transition from preschool to kindergarten as smooth as possible so students can enjoy a successful beginning to their academic journey. We help get children ready for school through activities that encourage them to hone in on their math and literacy skills, giving them the tools they need to become active readers and critical thinkers.
We maintain low student-teacher ratios to ensure children have access to the support they deserve. Our Pre-K teachers have been trained in Early Childhood Education and understand the importance of balancing guided learning with student-initiated learning. The result is a stimulating environment that enables children to gain confidence in their skills and prepares them to succeed in school.
To learn more about our state-funded pre-kindergarten program for children in the Duluth area, or to schedule a tour of our Pre-K classrooms, give us a call today at (770) 623-3090!